History/
Points of Interest

L

                                                                                                                                                  

Ste. Genevieve Catholic Church



Church of 
Ste. Genevieve

49 DuBourg Place
Ste. Genevieve, MO 63670

Saturday Masses:
8:00 am and 5:00 pm

Sunday Masses:
6:00am, 8:30am, 10:00am and 11:30 am

Rev. John C. Deken, Pastor

 

The town's first church was built about 1753 directly on the banks of the Mississippi River. It was later moved to higher ground in 1753 due to repeated flooding. This log church was replaced by a stone building about 40 years later. The present Victorian Gothic brick church was constructed in 1876. Foundations of the log and stone churches are still visible in the basement of the brick church. Several prominent citizens are buried beneath the nave of the structure, including Commandant Francois Valle II and his wife and several of the church's early pastors.